- Counsel at first ever Supreme Court of Canada Electronic Appeal
- Eight appearances as counsel at Supreme Court of Canada
- Legal Education Society of Alberta - Intensive Trial Advocacy Instructor (2010 - 2013)
- Legal Education Society of Alberta - Board Member
- Law Society of Northwest Territories - Trial Advocacy Faculty Member (2011)
- Alberta Court of Appeal / U of C Moot Competition Coach (2007)
- Court of Appeal Seminar, Electronic Appeals (2004)
- Legal Education Society of Alberta: Advocacy Course Electronic Trial Demonstration
- Past Chair of Canadian Bar Association (Alberta) Criminal Justice Section
- Volunteer at Calgary Legal Guidance
- Counsel to University of Calgary Student Legal Assistance (2007-2010)
Jennifer's practice is dedicated primarily to criminal defence work both as a trial and appellate lawyer. She has the technological skills required for electronic appeals, electronic disclosure and the use of trial presentation software. These skills give Jennifer a competitive advantage in all of the courts she appears before, from the Provincial Court to the Supreme Court of Canada.
Jennifer has extensive trial experience, including jury trials, as well as experience in appeals, judicial dispute resolution and mediation. In addition to Criminal Code matters, Jennifer's criminal defence practice also includes defending provincial and federal prosecutions under the Income Tax Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Fair Trading Act, and Environmental legislation.
© Ruttan Bates 2005 - 2018. Access to or use of the information contained on this website does not establish any form of solicitor-client relationship with Ruttan Bates or any of its lawyers. The information on this website is general public information and is not legal advice in relation to any specific matter. Individuals should not rely on or take any action based upon the information on this site, but should seek professional legal advice for their specific concerns. While we strive to be accurate it is possible that the information on this site may contain errors or omissions. We expressly disclaim any liability for such errors or omissions.
Suite 600 | Bradie Building
630 - 6th Avenue SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 0S8
Tel: 403-237-0025 Fax: 403-237-0566